These gifts are sweeter than gelt and sufganiyot combined.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. The Book of Unusual Knowledge if they’re someone who loves learning tons of random facts, telling their loved ones about all the cool tidbits stored in their brain, or excitedly parking themselves in front of the TV every night to watch Jeopardy!
Promising review: “My best friend is always telling me new facts about the most random things so when I saw this, I knew it had to be added to his bookshelf. And let me tell you the list of random facts keeps on coming. Yeah, yeah, I know…the internet…but sometimes it’s nice to disconnect from technology and read a real book. Couldn’t be happier with this purchase.” —Gregory
Get it from Amazon for $11.88.
2. A 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzle that contains 50 Easter eggs and features a fun magic trick at the end — this is the coolest puzzle ever.
Promising review: “Just got this puzzle for something to do at home over the holidays. Seriously…I have never seen a puzzle quite like this! It’s very impressive and exceeded my expectations already. The packaging is beautiful inside and out. Everything about it shouts quality. I particularly liked the envelopes inside for the puzzle pieces and mystery. Heavy weight and substantial. The one holding the 1,000 puzzle pieces stays closed with Velcro! How cool! And the secret mystery envelope has a cool string loop tie. Makes you remember you can’t open it until the puzzle is done. The whole vibe of The Mystic Maze is quality and fun, and also looks like a challenging puzzle. Looking forward to getting started on this. Certainly a good stay-home fun activity. Highly recommend!” —Kyle Fletcher
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
3. Or Friends puzzle perfect for the person in your life who can look at all the images in this collage and identify the episodes they’re all from.
Promising review: “It’s pretty advanced, which I like. With all the different scenes, it makes it harder and more fun! And it’s waaay bigger than I expected (I didn’t check the measurements). Overall, perfect for a Friends fan!” —Amina
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
4. A super cool geode kit complete with 10 breakable rocks that geology enthusiasts are sure to have some fun with — or anyone who just really wants to break rocks. That’s cool, too.
Promising review: “We’ve only opened the first rock but I’m already impressed. Normally these end up being duds but this one was really spectacular and large! My son is 4 and he’s excited to open the rest for his collection.” —Heremeow
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
5. Who Do the Stars Say You Are? — a book to help guide them through and better understand their sun sign in the most fun way! From unpacking the basics like their strengths and weaknesses and compatibility to the important stuff like which ice cream flavor is actually their favorite to their perfect TV show (helpful if they’re contemplating their next binge-watch), and so much more!
This book is written by BuzzFeed’s very own Syd Robinson!
Bookshop Shipping Info: Standard shipping takes 4–10 days. Expedited shipping options are available at an additional cost.
6. An extremely cool display shelf great for any vinyl-lover. I mean, why not help them turn their love of music into some unique home decor?!
Ali Faccenda / BuzzFeed
Record Racks is a small biz based in Round Rock, Texas!
BuzzFeed writer Ali Faccenda loves hers:
“This is my second shelf from Record Racks since I moved and had one up on my wall in my childhood bedroom. I originally saw it on someone’s TikTok two years ago and immediately ran to the internet to find it. It’s one of my fave ways to display my records and doubles as a fun wall piece. It’s such a conversation starter and def want to get a bunch of these for my friends for the holidays this year. It easily applies to the wall with command strips (these are provided for you) and your installation is complete!”
Shipping Info: Processing time is 1–3 business days. Orders ship from Texas so delivery time depends on your location.
7. A tie-dye kit, an activity that gift recipients of all ages can enjoy — because a tie-dye shirt is so much more exciting than a plain white shirt.
Promising review: “Bought this for an activity for my daughter’s 10th birthday!! OMG!!! You would have thought (enter your favorite celebrity here) showed up!! The kids loved it! It was easy to do for the kids…but make sure YOU COVER EVERYTHING YOU DON’T WANT TIE-DYED!! Great product!!” —Dani Josh lane
Get it from Amazon for $15.91.
8. A Nespresso coffee and espresso machine to bring their morning coffee game to a whole new level of delicious. They’re sure gonna love this gift a latte.
It also comes with a milk frother they can use to make lattes and cappuccinos!
Promising review: “I am really enjoying my new Nespresso machine. I have used it to make regular cups of coffee and also to make lattes. The frother that came with it works great! It makes both hot and cold froth! I also bought a pod holder that you can put the machine on top of, and I’m really glad I’ve got that storage space for the pods. I’ve had my machine a couple of weeks now, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in a pod type of machine. It makes way better tasting coffee than my previous machine did.” —K Dunn
Get it from Amazon for $259.95+ (available in three colors).
9. A paint-by-sticker book so they can channel their inner artist in a cool way that’s significantly less messy than paint. I personally think they should hang this book in the Louvre.
BuzzFeed writer Ali Faccenda swears by it. In her own words:
“This sticker-by-number book truly took me back to my youth of the paint by number or sand art by number (I know you millennials recall this messy art project). Doing this at the start of quarantine really got my head in a better place. Being able to just forget everything going on for a few hours to make a sticker masterpiece was really what my mental health needed. If you’re an art person as well, this book is seriously so cool. Making a sticker masterpiece of The Girl With The Pearl Earring? Iconic.”
Target Shipping Info: Free 2-day shipping is available at Target when you spend $35 or more or use a RedCard.
10. A beautiful menorah you may choose to custom order with their initial in the Star of David for a super special gift they’ll surely cherish. This is great to gift a Jewish young adult who recently became a Bar/Bat Mitzvah, a Jewish loved one who recently moved into their own place and could use a menorah of their own, or someone just looking to finally upgrade from the old one they’ve been using for years.
Jon Canfield Creations / Etsy
Jon Canfield Creations is a veteran-owned small biz run by a husband and wife that sells beautiful laser-ready designs and custom creations including more Judaica gifts.
Promising review: “My late husband and I bought a menorah during our trip to Jerusalem. I was devastated when I realized it had been lost in my cross-country move. But I am so happy with this purchase because it captures the spirit of both the holiday and the Jewish people. The workmanship is exquisite as well.” —Mary Ann Dellinger
Shipping Info: Processing takes three to five business days. Orders ship from Nevada so delivery time depends on your location.
11. A pair of wireless Bluetooth earbuds that are waterproof, come with multiple silicone earbuds so they can find their perfect size, and happen to be just as good as more expensive headphones on the market at a fraction of the cost (*cough AirPods cough*).
Promising review: “Best decision! These are the greatest headphones ever! I saw them on TikTok months ago and added them to my wishlist. I got a new phone that doesn’t have the headphone port so I decided it was time to finally buy them. They are amazing and I probably won’t ever take them out of my ears! 😂” —Katlyn D Arnold
Get it from Amazon $24.99+ (available in six colors).
12. A candle set for the person who (like me) can’t get enough RHONY in their lives. Name a more perfect show to binge-watch, I’ll wait.
The Sisters Stoned / Etsy
The Sisters Stoned is based in Chicago. They started making candles during quarantine and their offerings range from Pride-themed, to signature scents, to sunshine vibes, to Real Housewives destinations, and more. You’re bound to find a candle perfect for you and to gift to a loved one!
Promising review: “The candles smell great, are chic and beautiful, and make for perfect gifts for Bravo-loving friends. I appreciated how quickly they arrived and how kind the seller was.” —Madison Back
Shipping Info: Processing takes three to five business days. Orders ship from Illinois so delivery time depends on your location. Expedited shipping options available at an additional cost.
13. A speaker that’ll deliver excellent sound quality for all their favorite jams no matter where they use it. Not to mention, just LOOK at its sleek design.
Maitland Quitmeyer / BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed editor Maitland Quitmeyer raves about hers:
“I *lovethis little speaker — it lives right on my bookshelves (without taking up basically *anyroom) and fills my apartment with high-quality sound. The lil’ portable size is perfect so I can grab it and take it into the kitchen for baking jams™ or into my bathroom for my latest in-shower karaoke session (sorry neighbors). It’s adorable, but the sound is crisp, powerful, and well-rounded. Pairing it with my phone was incredibly easy, and it reconnects almost instantly as soon as I turn it on, so it’s super user-friendly. I also barely *everhave to charge it, which is important to me. And yes, that *isa Jane Austen action figure next to it.”
Get it from Amazon for $149.99.
14. An Amazon-famous thickened-down jacket even those who hate cold weather with a burning passion will look forward to wearing. It features large pockets, a sherpa-lined hood, and comes in an awesome array of colors.
Maitland Quitmeyer / BuzzFeed
Be sure to check out our Orolay down jacket review!
Promising review: “Very warm and cute. I am actually obsessed with this jacket. I stopped a woman on the street to asked her where she got hers. I immediately ordered one. I wasn’t sure what size to get so I ordered the small and medium. I am smaller on the top so actually the small was better because I could open up the zippers on the side.” —Susan Alexander
Get it from Amazon for $149.99+ (available in 13 colors and women’s sizes XXS–5XL).
15. A blind date with a book for the best blind date they’ll ever go on without having to leave their house. They’ll receive a beautifully packaged mystery book (you can request a specific genre for them or leave it up to the seller to pick), and all they have to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy their date, I mean, err, book.
Mar De Luna Arts Co. / Etsy
Mar De Luna Arts Co. is a small biz that sells cottagecore-themed knickknacks, art, and decor.
Promising review: “Best blind date I’ve ever been on and one of the greatest purchases I’ve ever made. The packaging is adorable and creative. I bought this for a friend’s birthday, and it was the perfect gift. I love it so much that I’m going to gift one to myself sometime soon!! 11/10 would recommend. Customer service is really great, too. Super friendly and understanding!!” —Brooke
Shipping Info: Processing takes 3–5 business days. Orders ship from Oregon so delivery time depends on your location.
16. Or a Book of the Month subscription — an equally fun option if they prefer to choose their own book. Each month, they’ll pick from a selection of great books they want delivered. If nothing strikes their interest, they can save their credit and apply it toward a future month instead.
I joined Book of the Month last year because I wanted to read People We Meet on Vacation and my local library had a waitlist. I thought I’d sign up for one month and cancel my subscription right after, but I am here to say that was not the case. I LOVE my BOTM subscription and can’t recommend it enough.
At the start of each month, they add five to seven new books to the app. These books span all sorts of genres, include reads from new authors and returning favorites, and some even have a theme (aka: spooky reads for October, holiday reads in December). You can choose up to three books per month. All three of your selections can be from that month’s book picks or you can pick a book or two from that month’s selections and choose add-on books — I’ve been doing this lately as I’m working on creating my own little ~home library bookshelf~. If you don’t like any of their monthly selections that is A-OK! Simply skip that month and a credit will be applied towards future months.
It’s such a fun thing to treat myself to each month and makes for a perfect gift (both to yourself and to loved ones). Happy reading!
Shipping Info: It typically takes boxes 5–7 days to ship.
Gift a three-month subscription to Book of the Month for $49.99.
17. A charcuterie board so they can entertain in style. Even if all they’re doing is entertaining for one. (If the gift recipient is making a cheese board for just themselves, tell them they rock and I wanna be their bestie.)
This is a set that comes complete with four bowls (perfect for accompaniments like fruit, nuts, and jams) and a four-piece knife set.
Promising review: “It really is beautiful! The packaging is super elegant! The wood is nice and thick. The ceramic dishes are generous in size, and four was really enough for the kalamata olives, pickled onions, roasted peppers, and black olives. All three cheeses fit nicely in the center. The utensils worked very well, and storing them inside was a nice touch. The magnetic closure worked well. Overall, we really liked it, and will use it each time we have an ‘appetizer meal.’ It is beautiful as well as practical!” —Mona
Get it from Amazon for $49.99.
18. A set of relaxing shower steamers that comes packaged in a nice box you can wrap and give to the gift recipient as is. Or tack on individual steamers with other Hanukkah gifts you plan on giving this year.
If you’re going with the latter and you’re able to save one for yourself, you should. You won’t regret it!
Promising review: “Received these for Mother’s Day. Wonderful gift. Favorite scent — vanilla sweet orange. Lasted the entire shower. Will definitely purchase as gifts for others to enjoy!” —Patricia Van Allen
Get a set of six from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in two styles and in larger packs).
19. Colorful touch lamps — a gift for both you and them to help make any distance between you two feel like nothing. When you touch yours, theirs will light up so you can let them know you’re thinking of them at any time.
Friendship Lamps by Filimin is a small biz that sells friendship lamps and picture frames handmade in the USA to help keep you and your loved ones connected.
Promising review: “My husband bought this as our daughter is moving to Arizona, and we live in Florida. A unique way to show each other that we are thinking of each other.” —Doreen B.
20. A gel nail polish kit complete with 16 beautiful colors to bring their at-home manicure to the next level.
Kayla Suazo / BuzzFeed
This set comes with 16 gel polish colors, a base coat, and a top coat. It does not come with a UV lamp (which you will need!), so try this reviewer-loved option from Amazon for $25.99.
Promising review: “Long before quarantine days I was a nail salon regular. Once lockdown really hit, I realized I needed to take my manicure ~into my own hands~. These Gellen gel polishes give salon-quality results at home. Truly, I can get a full two weeks without peeling/chipping/breaking. The amount of $$$ I have saved…” —Kayla Suazo
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
21. A dainty name necklace that’ll become their new go-to accessory. Just look at how pretty it is. You are the best gift-giver ever, no doubt about it.
Caitlyn Minimalist / Etsy
Caitlyn Minimalist is Asian woman-owned, based in Los Angeles and sells beautiful custom jewelry.
Promising review: “The necklaces came out beautiful and the attention to detail is amazing. The packaging of the jewelry was extremely thoughtful and careful. Definitely worth every penny!” —Jennifer Delgado
Shipping Info: Processing time is 1–2 business days for ready-to-ship items and 10–12 business days for made-to-order. items. Orders ship from California so delivery time depends on your location.
22. A ticket to see a concert or any other fun form of entertainment they enjoy because getting to enjoy live entertainment is truly an unmatched feeling of joy.
Check out all of the amazing events you can get tickets to on Live Nation here (prices depend on show, demand, location, and seating chart). I may be slightly biased, but I think a ticket to Taylor Swift’s upcoming The Eras Tour would be a fabulous gift (and happens to be what I’m asking for this Hanukkah).
Shipping Info: The majority of tickets purchased on Live Nation will be instantly available on your account after purchasing.
23. And on that same note, a super-cute DIY printable ticket because it’s fun way to present an event ticket gift. After purchasing, you’ll receive a digital file so you can customize it with all of the info. Of course, this ticket won’t get them into the event, but it will make for an adorable keepsake.
Paperable Co / Etsy
Paperable Co is an Etsy shop that sells printable invitations, wall art, tickets, Lightroom presets, and more!
Promising review: “The template was perfect, and although I am not great on the computer, it was easy to follow the instructions and create a surprise birthday ticket for my son’s 40th birthday.” —Roslyn Golden
Shipping Info: This is available for instant download after purchasing.
24. An ugly Hanukkah sweater to ensure they have a hilarious outfit at the ready for any ugly sweater holiday parties they’re attending this year (and years to come).
A board game inside of a book that’ll look great on their bookshelf and will make a welcome addition at future game nights with family and friends.
26. A phone camera lens set to make all of their Instagram followers think they were gifted their own personal professional photographer for the holidays — THAT is how good this set is about to make their grid look.
Includes one 12x zoom telephoto lens with a manual focus ring, one fisheye lens, one macro lens, and one wide angle lens. Compatible with most devices!
Promising review: “I am truly amazed by the quality of these lenses. I have bought two before these, but honestly these are the best ones so far! The telephoto lens is a bit heavy, but it works really well. They all do. It arrived at a perfect time. It all came very well-packed in the box with instructions, a black little bag where I managed to fit everything it it, the telephoto lens, a fish eye lens, a wide angle lens, and a macro lens. It also came with a tripod for the phone, and it works really well. This is amazing!” —Nathalie
Get it from Amazon for $24.94+ (available in two styles).
27. A ridiculously adorable pair of fuzzy socks that’ll keep their feet warm and toasty in the cutest possible way. My heart is exploding thinking about looking down at my feet and seeing a precious lil’ panda bb.
Miss June’s Fashion Socks / Etsy
Miss June’s Fashion Socks is a small business based in San Francisco that sells the loveliest socks.
Shipping Info: Processing time is 3–5 business days. Orders ship from California so delivery time depends on your location. Expedited shipping options available at an additional cost.
28. A pair of wineglasses to aerate their wine as they pour it into the glass. This is a gift any vino-lover is gonna be super excited to receive.
Promising review: “We tested them by comparing the wine before and after using the glass and there WAS a difference in the quality of the taste. Most items are mostly hype but this one seems to be real. Besides, it’s cute to watch it flow.” —KHofferMD
Get a pair from Amazon for $50.
29. A Kindle Paperwhite so they can enjoy their favorite reads from anywhere. Bonus: It’s easy to read even when it’s super sunny outside AND it’s waterproof. So if they have any warm weather travels coming up this holiday szn, they’ll definitely want to bring this baby along for the ride.
BuzzFeed editor Heather Braga in her own words:
“It’s the thinnest and lightest Kindle Amazon has released to date! And — as is made abundantly clear by the photo above — it’s 100% waterproof. I’m typically a hardcover girl through-and-through, but I recently gave the Kindle a whirl. It’s very convenient to be able to slip it into any bag without it taking up much real estate and the transition between pages is very smooth.“
Be sure to check out our Kindle Paperwhite review.
Get it from Amazon for $129.99+ (available in four colors and two storage sizes).
30. An acrylic paint set that painters at all levels are bound to love. There’s something about lounging around inside the house in pajamas when it’s cold outside and just… painting. Right?!
This set just comes with paint! If you’re looking to also gift them a set of brushes, check out this highly rated assortment of 25 brushes for $8.23.
Promising review: “I love this product. The colors are vibrant and the price is great! If you use craft paint or paints that traditionally come in tubes similar to these you oughta give these a try. The colors are far more vibrant than other value brands and the application of this paint is super smooth.” —Ohitsjustnick
Get a set of 20 from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in three set options).
Just a reminder that Hanukkah begins on the evening of Dec. 18 this year and ends the evening of Dec. 26!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.